Happy Global Entrepreneurship Week! Celebrated from November 14–20 with over 40,000 events taking place in more than 200 countries around the globe, #GEW2022 is the week for adventurers, dreamers, risk-takers, and small business owners just like you to come together, reflect, plan, strategize, contribute to your community, and — okay — brag a little about just how amazing you are.
Organized by our friends at GEN Global, this year’s celebration focuses on four key pillars: education, inclusion, ecosystems, and policy. Each pillar is at the heart of ensuring small businesses continue to find the resources they need to succeed and contribute to the health of our communities worldwide.
Get out in your community and enjoy Global Entrepreneurship Week. Find a listing of events in your area from GEN Global, and share your story on social with #GEW2022!
Here are four more ways you can celebrate Global Entrepreneurship Week and work to propel your business forward at the same time! Here’s to YOU!
1. Get Educated — No Matter Your Budget or Time to Spare
Investing in yourself is critical, even when you’re over-extended, strapped for cash, and trying to make it through the busiest time of year. Keep calm! We’re ready to help you take action and thrive in the year ahead.
Hello Alice Milestones break down essential business topics like fundraising, marketing, and branding into step-by-step guides to help you level up your operations for FREE any time you need. Get started now.
Refresh your clarity, direction, and focus with this engaging virtual class. Hello Alice Chief Product and Technology Officer Kelsey Ruger will share his science-backed approach to reaching goals and taking charge of your business. Register now: December 9, 2022, at 3 p.m. ET
Reset your business and mindset for 2023 over three powerful days led by Hello Alice Co-founder Carolyn Rodz! Carolyn designed Boost Camp with her own failures and your specific needs in mind. She’s now determined to help you strategically focus your priorities, define your roadmap, and de-risk your business model to change the way you operate and grow — with workshops, feedback, accountability check-ins, loads of invaluable learning, surprises, and incredible guest speakers on the schedule, including:
- Whitney Wolfe Herd, Founder and CEO of Bumble
- Sallie Krawcheck Co-founder and CEO of Ellevest
- Noora Raj Brown, Executive Vice President of Brand at Goop
- Allan Jones, Founder and CEO of Bambee
- Phyllis Newhouse, legendary entrepreneur and investor
Register now: January 23-25, 2023, from 11 a.m. – 3 p.m. ET
2. Connect With Your Inclusive Community to Grow
You’re part of 1,000,000+ small businesses spanning all industries, demographics, and locations in the Hello Alice community. Every time you attend an in-person or virtual event, apply for a grant, connect with a fellow owner on social media, or even tell somebody about an opportunity on Hello Alice, you’re bolstering the diverse and driven community that we’ve built together.
A few inclusive offerings on Hello Alice right now:
Helps you build or rebuild your credit over time and unlock opportunities as you grow. Every entrepreneur deserves a chance to secure their financial future!
Hello Alice, in partnership with the Nextdoor Kind Foundation and NAACP, is now accepting applications for the $5K Keep it Local Business Fund. Preference will be given to businesses in Home & Garden, Personal & Professional Services, Retail, Restaurant/Food Services, Health & Wellness, and Child & Pet Care. Application deadline: Dec. 16, 2022, at 6 p.m. ET
The Small Business Growth Fund, in partnership with Mastercard and part of the Year of Small Business movement, offers high-growth small businesses the opportunity to receive a $25,000 grant to help them reach their next big milestone. Application deadline: Jan. 6, 2023, at 6 p.m. ET
Search for grants, loans, and other financing options and get the capital you need to grow your businesses in The Hello Alice Small Business Funding Center
3. Access Free Resources from Our Ecosystem Partners
Nearly 80% of Hello Alice owners tell us they can’t access the resources they need to grow. We’re working hard with our trusted partners to break down those barriers and help your small business thrive.
FREE resources from our partners designed specifically for New Majority owners:
- StartOut supports LGBTQ+ entrepreneurs and startup founders, with community events, one-on-one mentorship, one-on-one office hours with experts, a 6-month accelerator program, and investor connections
- USHCC Navigates offers free bilingual counseling for the Hispanic entrepreneur community. In partnership with Hello Alice, they’ve also created bilingual guides to grow your business:
- Understand Your Business Model: English | Español
- Map Your Business Model: English | Español
- Create Your Vision Statement: English | Español
- Choose Your Business Structure: English | Español
- Create a Competitive Analysis Report: English | Español
- Write a Traditional Business Plan: English | Español
- Get an EIN: English | Español
- Bunker Labs provides community, programs, and courses to help military veterans and military spouses start and grow successful businesses
- The SBA offers a multitude of resources, from funding to education, and stellar local assistance opportunities from its invaluable Small Business Development Centers to helpful business mentorship in partnership with SCORE
- Likewise, GEN Global is a hub of resources and is especially helpful for staying up-to-date on opportunities in your area to connect and network with other entrepreneurs
4. Advocate for Yourself and Your Community
Inflation. Supply-chain woes. Access to capital. Barriers. Hurdles. Knowing what you’re up against as an entrepreneur is critical to understanding where advocacy begins.
- Listen to Hello Alice co-founder Elizabeth Gore discuss the overwhelming need for equitable access to capital with GEN’s Jonathan Ortmans in honor of GEW2022, and her recent interview with Cheddar News about military-connected entrepreneurs finding pathways to success.
- Keep an eye on our Impact Reports to stay up to date on the challenges and needs facing small business owners just like you.
- Find out more about the important policy work our partners are doing on your behalf. Visit the SBA Office of Advocacy and read the latest policy news from GEN Global.
For more information on Global Entrepreneurship Week, head to genglobal.org/gew!