BGE Energizing Small Business Grants
Applicants must be an existing BGE electric and/or gas customer with positive BGE credit history. Other eligibility criteria include:
- For-profit business founded in 2020 or prior
- In good standing (or on the way to) with the State of Maryland
- A maximum of twenty-five (25) employees
- Annual gross revenues in 2021 of less than $7 million USD
- Demonstrated need for funding to support business and serve customers
In 2022, the BGE Energizing Small Business grants will be offered in two rounds. Applications will be reviewed by a committee according to the review criteria outlined in the terms and conditions. Applicants who are unsuccessful in a given funding round are invited to apply again in subsequent rounds.
- The first round opens February 14, 2022 at 9 a.m. ET and closes March 25, 2022, at 6 p.m. ET. Recipients will be announced in mid-May.
- The second round opens July 18, 2022 at 9 a.m. ET and closes August 26, 2022, at 6 p.m. ET. Recipients will be announced in mid-October.
BGE Energizing Small Businesses
In 2021, BGE awarded 176 small business with $20,000 grants through its Energizing Small Business Grants program. This grant program is part of BGE’s $15 million pledge to assist small businesses with COVID-19 relief and recovery and is a multi-year commitment expected to run through at least 2023.
Supporting Maryland-Based Small Businesses
Team is the biggest component of our business. These funds helped keep that foundation solid so we can focus on growing the business by serving customers and the community, even in uncertain times.”
Michelle Bond, Bottoms Up Bagels
Over $3.5m in BGE Energizing Small Business Grants Awarded to Maryland-Based Small Business Owners
Congratulations to the 176 recipients of BGE Energizing Small Business Grants. These businesses all share a demonstrated need for funds to recover from the impacts of COVID-19, clear and feasible plans for the proposed use of funds to grow business and serve customers, and a demonstrated commitment to their communities.
BGE's Multi-Year Customer Relief and Energy Infrastructure Investment Plan
BGE is aiding in the region’s recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic while continuing to improve the energy delivery systems serving 1.3 million electric customers and more than 680,000 natural gas customers in central Maryland by investing in better service for customers, powering the local economy, and supporting communities in central Maryland.