The Entrepreneurial Spirit Fund by SIA Scotch
SIA Scotch Whisky is pledging an additional $110,000 to support entrepreneurs of color in the food and beverage industry.*
For nearly a decade, SIA Scotch Whisky has been committed to donating a portion of sales to organizations that help support entrepreneurs – the dreamers, movers and shakers who are shaping futures. In 2021, SIA partnered with Hello Alice and awarded $250,000 to 25 small businesses with $10,000 grants through The Entrepreneurial Spirit Fund.Applications Closed
SIA is Everything You'd Never Expect From a Scotch Whisky
Inspired by its founder Carin Luna-Ostaseski’s journey as one of the first Hispanic entrepreneurs in history to create a scotch whisky brand, SIA has been challenging conventions since its 2012 launch on kickstarter.com. The brand has always had a vision to inspire others to achieve the unexpected, and now their goal is to provide small business owners of color with access to the capital, mentorship, and community that will enable them to take action, build stronger businesses and have a positive impact on the economy.
Applications Are CLOSED.
Starting August 1, 2022, eligible small businesses can apply to The Entrepreneurial Spirit Fund by SIA Scotch. Eleven recipients 1 will each receive a $10,000 grant plus mentorship with Carin Luna-Ostaseski, the founder of SIA Scotch Whisky and a first-generation Cuban American who overcame a myriad of challenges during her entrepreneurship journey. Apply and share with us how a grant would grow your business and help you achieve the unexpected.
Eligible businesses must:
- Be owned 51%+ by person(s) of color
- Be a for-profit business producing less than $5M in annual revenue
- Operate and/or conduct business in at least one of the following states: CA, CO, CT, FL, GA, IL, MA, MN, NJ, NV, NY, RI and/or TX
- NOT be an alcohol beverage retail license holder (such as a bar, restaurant, hotel or store which sells or serves alcohol) or a business which makes alcohol
Eligible applicants must:
- Be a citizen or legal permanent resident of the United States
- Be at least 25 years or older as of November 1, 2022
- Be the owner or an individual who is legally authorized to bind the Business for purposes of participation in the Program
- NOT have ownership interest and/or be invested in an alcohol beverage retail license holder (such as a business or establishment which owns a license to make, sell or serve alcohol)
- NOT be an employee of a retail license holder (such as a bartender or waiter)
* Preference will be given to businesses in the food and beverage industry, such as those who offer products and services across kitchenware, glassware, barware, cocktail mixers, at-home entertaining/party planning, food trucks, cafes, food and beverage blogs, recipe curation, and more.Applications Closed
- 8/1/22 — Applications open 9 a.m. ET
- 9/26/22 — Applications close 6 p.m. ET
- 9/27/22 – 10/31/22 — Applications are reviewed
- 11/1/22 — Grant recipients announced, kicking off National Entrepreneur Month
- 11/28/22 — Grant recipients receive funds
I feel extremely blessed to have been selected! Receiving this grant shows me that people believe in Toma and in me. I look forward to growing my business with these funds.
Toma Bloody Mary Mixers, 2021 Grant Recipient
About SIA Scotch Whisky
SIA is an unexpected blend for the modern palate and everything you’d never expect from a scotch whisky. Since its launch on crowdfunding site kickstarter.com in 2012 and appearing on shelves in 2013, SIA Scotch Whisky has been challenging conventions and inspiring others to achieve the unexpected. As one of the first scotch whisky brands in history to be launched by a Hispanic entrepreneur, SIA has an approachable taste profile that features warm vanilla, salty-sweet caramel, refreshing citrus, clover honey, buttery toffee and just a hint of smoke. For more information follow SIA Scotch on Instagram @SiaScotchWhisky or visit siascotchwhisky.com.
There will be up to 11 grant recipients. Sponsor reserves the right to change the number of grants awarded, if in their sole discretion, they do not receive enough suitable entries.
PLEASE DRINK RESPONSIBLY. SIA Blended Scotch Whisky. 43% Alc/Vol. Imported by Diageo, New York, NY.