Questions & Answers
It's time to discover what you need to grow your business. Hello Alice is here to guide you through funding, expert advice, and a supportive community at every step of your entrepreneurial journey.
Hello Alice is named after the fantastic tale of Alice in Wonderland. Co-founders Carolyn Rodz and Elizabeth Gore realized a business owner’s journey can often leave them feeling like Alice — curiouser and curiouser. Constantly running into the unexpected. Believing as many as “six impossible things before breakfast,” as the book says. If that doesn’t capture the entrepreneurial spirit, we don’t know what does.
Hello Alice is a free online platform that helps businesses launch and grow. We guide owners through every step of their entrepreneurial journey by providing knowledge, funding, networks, and peer-to-peer connections with more than 600,000 small business owners.
According to our terms and conditions, an application “cannot be modified in any way” after it has been submitted. If you are needing to make a change to the information provided, you can create a new Hello Alice account with a different email address and submit a new application. If the information you are needing to change does not impact your eligibility, this is optional. If you are unsure whether your eligibility would be impacted, you can create a ticket via the Support center with your corrections.
We will notify you via email of any updates to your application status.
Grant programs on Hello Alice are not loans and do not have to be repaid. There is no cost to apply.
You will receive a confirmation email from Hello Alice to notify you that your application was successfully received. The confirmation email will be sent to the email associated with your Hello Alice account. Make sure you have Email Subscriptions enabled in your account settings.
The specific qualifications for funding depend on the grant program. We recommend checking the terms and conditions of each program to see if you are eligible.
The Hello Alice Small Business Mastercard was designed to provide equitable access to working capital for small businesses while delivering best-in-class perks and rewards.
A card that grows with your business. Card benefits include:
- $0 annual fees¹
- 0% intro APR on purchases and balance transfers made in the first six billing cycles after account opening. After that, a variable APR of 14.99%-23.99% based on your creditworthiness.¹
- Access to 1:1 business coaching sessions with professional advisers available on demand²
- $50 statement credit when you spend $1,000 in the first three billing cycles after account opening (one credit per business account)²
Having access to business credit is the lifeline for any business owner. A business credit card enables companies of all sizes to obtain the vital capital needed to expand, purchase inventory or equipment, and streamline day-to-day expenses while enjoying added perks, such as rewards and purchase protection. It's important to keep your personal and business spending separate. Responsible use of a business credit card also helps owners like you establish, build, or rebuild credit, which can be beneficial in qualifying for other financing and improve future borrowing terms, perks, loans, and improve future borrowing terms.
There are $0 annual fees on the Hello Alice Small Business Mastercard. We offer a true small business card, with no annual fees so you can save money.¹
APR, or annual percentage rate, refers to the yearly interest a cardholder pays if you carry a balance. Simply put, it’s the cost of borrowing on a credit card. APR varies from card to card and may also include additional fees or charges. The Hello Alice Small Business Mastercard has a 0% introductory APR on purchases and balance transfers made in the first six billing cycles after account opening. After that introductory period, purchases and balance transfers you make will be subject to an interest rate determined by your creditworthiness at the time of application. The Hello Alice Small Business Mastercard offers an APR between 14.99% and 23.99% based on your creditworthiness.¹
Earn rewards and benefits including cashback, gift cards, and exclusive access to Hello Alice business events and workshops. Get customized, on-demand business coaching to help you make critical decisions and special discounts on a variety of vetted business services. As part of the Mastercard World Elite for Business program, cardholders get access to powerful benefits like safety and security solutions and other tools3. Rewards are tailored to small business spending and cardholders may earn:²
- 4x points for every $1 spent on eligible wireless telephone services & business software purchases
- 3x points for every $1 spent on eligible office supplies & shipping purchases
- 2x points for every $1 spent on eligible rideshare & restaurant purchases
- 1.5x points for every $1 spent on all other purchases
In addition, you can also earn points through various activities with Hello Alice:²
- Complete your profile on Hello Alice and earn 150 points
- Get rewarded 100 points when you log in three days in a row
- Complete a Milestone to earn 100 points
Hello Alice offers two credit cards: an unsecured card with a revolving credit line, and a secured card. A secured card is a type of credit card that requires a security deposit in order to open an account. Once a cash deposit is made, you may charge purchases anywhere that credit cards are accepted. Responsible use of a business credit card also helps owners like you establish, build, or rebuild credit, which can be beneficial in qualifying for other financing and improve future borrowing terms, perks, loans, and improve future borrowing term. If you choose to close your credit card account at any point, your entire security deposit will be returned. An unsecured card means you do not have to pay a security deposit in advance to be approved.
Cardholders with a Hello Alice Small Business Secured Mastercard may transition to the unsecured card in as little as 11 months when you maintain a good payment history. Subject to credit approval. There’s nothing extra you need to do. Your secured card security deposit will be refunded to your account once the card transition takes place.
If you'd like to contact our Support team, please create a support ticket via the Support Center as outlined below.
- Login to your Hello Alice account
- Click the avatar/profile picture in the upper right corner and choose Support in the menu options
- A new browser tab will open and you will be brought to the Hello Alice Support Center home page
- Click the avatar/profile picture in the upper right corner and select Submit a request
- From here, a form template will appear where you can enter information relating to your question or issue - the more details you can provide the better!
- Click Submit at the bottom of the page to create your ticket
- Once your ticket has been created, you will be directed to Requests under My Activities.
8. To view all of your support tickets/requests, click the My Activities link at the top or My support activities under your profile picture
We don’t offer general phone support at this time. For any questions, please create a ticket via the Support center and we'll get back to you as soon as we can!