Apply to The Entrepreneurial Spirit Fund by SIA Scotch Today!￼
This grant program provides $10K and mentorship to help entrepreneurs of color make 2022 the year of their small business.
If your small business received a $10,000 grant, what would be your next big move?
That’s what we want to know from anyone applying for The Entrepreneurial Spirit Fund by SIA Scotch.
What is The Entrepreneurial Spirit Fund by Sia Scotch?
Part of the Year of Small Business movement, this grant program addresses small business owners’ number one need: access to capital. Each recipient will receive a $10,000 grant to accelerate their growth and help make 2022 the year of their small business.
“The support from SIA Scotch further solidifies our purpose and mission to bring people to the table. !Muchísimas Gracias!” says Sandra Portal-Andreu (pictured above), artist and co-founder of eco-friendly company Tappas, one of twenty five outstanding recipients funded in 2021.
Who is eligible for this grant funding?
Eligible businesses must:
- Be owned 51%+ by person(s) of color
- Be a for-profit business producing less than $5M in annual gross revenue
- Operate and/or conduct business in at least one of the following states: CA, CO, CT, FL, GA, IL, MA, MN, NJ, NV, NY, RI and/or TX.
- NOT be an alcohol beverage retail license holder (such as a bar, restaurant, hotel, or store which sells or serves alcohol) or a business which makes alcohol
Eligible applicants must:
- Be a citizen or legal permanent resident of the United States
- Be at least 25 years or older as of November 1, 2022
- Be the owner or an individual who is legally authorized to bind the Business for purposes of participation in the Program
- NOT have ownership interest and/or be invested in an alcohol beverage retail license holder (such as a business or establishment which owns a license to make, sell or serve alcohol)
- NOT be an employee of a retail license holder
Preference will be given to businesses in the food and beverage industry, such as those who offer products and services across kitchenware, glassware, barware, cocktail mixers, at-home entertaining/party planning, food trucks, cafes, food and beverage blogging, recipe curation, and more.
Additional restrictions apply. See the terms and conditions for details.
Do I need to submit a new application if I applied in 2021?
If you applied and were not selected as a recipient previously you are welcome to submit a new application. We will evaluate your application based on any new information and judge it against a new pool of applicants!
Everyone who applies receives free access to the thousands of curated resources and a community of nearly one million small business owners on Hello Alice.
When is the deadline?
The application deadline is September 26, at 6 p.m. ET.
Still have questions? Read our FAQ.
Sponsored by SIA Scotch Whisky. PLEASE DRINK RESPONSIBLY. SIA Blended Scotch Whisky. 43% Alc/Vol. Imported by Diageo, New York, NY. Do not share with anyone under the age of 21. Restrictions apply.