Los Angeles Owners Sleigh the Season with Hello Alice, Shopify, and TikTokEvents•Dec 12, 2022• 2 min read
Hello Alice and our partners at Shopify and TikTok were delighted to host Los Angeles small business owners for a third at-capacity, in-person event designed to help owners sleigh the season on Tiktok this holiday and long after.
Following two successful New York events, hundreds of owners from our Los Angeles community gathered in Shopify’s DTLA space on December 6 to learn how to attract customers on Tiktok and set up a strategic plan for success, while enjoying light bites, swag, and jovial networking all around.
During each event, special guest creators including Andrea Casanova, who has over 178K followers and 2.5M likes, joined our friends at TikTok to discuss authentic storytelling, fitting content creation into your daily schedule, and how to create videos that cater to TikTok’s unique audience. Specifically, she called attention to new research where Gen Z ranks TikTok as their search engine of choice.
“I don’t go to Google any longer to search for answers, I go to TikTok because I know I’ll find exactly what I need explained to me in 15 seconds through video,” Andrea explained. With this in mind, she advised that owners cater to the platform by creating how-to and behind-the-scenes content related to their business.
Thank you to every New York and Los Angeles small business owner who has attended, asked questions, and made these events three nights to remember.
Additional Support for Your Small Business
Free Shopify and TikTok Guides
- Set Up Your Shopify Store
- Expand Your Reach with Shopify Tools
- Create a Winning Holiday E-Commerce Strategy
- Get Started on TikTok
- Create Scroll-Stopping Content on TikTok
- Boost Your Results with TikTok Tools
New Grant Opportunities
Visit the Small Business Funding Center to find new grant opportunities and lending options, including:
- $25K Small Business Growth Fund, accepting applications until January 6, 2023 from high-growth small businesses
- $5K Keep It Local Fund, accepting applications until December 16, 2022 from entrepreneurs of color
Upcoming Hello Alice Events
Get ready for success in 2023 with experiences designed to help you reach your goals:
- Make Confident Financial Projections for 2023 Workshop, January 19, 2023
- Small Business Boost Camp Accelerator, January 23-25, 2023
Learn more about getting forward focused on 2023 with Hello Alice.
Free Resources From Our Partners
- Do you live in NYC or LA? The Shopify calendar is jam-packed with pop-ups, workshops, art parties and more. See what’s upcoming in NYC or LA.
- Download your free TikTok Holiday Playbook for in-depth tools and resources to help build the business of your dreams on TikTok.